Well, friends, we did receive something of an update Saturday, not exactly what we were hoping for, though. We had a discussion with our adoption coordinator who informed us that Victoria has completed 3 months of treatment and is still testing positive for TB. This was a surprise and disappointment for us. We were under the impression she was nearing the 6-month mark. Furthermore, as far as they can discern, her treatment did not begin until sometime in February! What?! Really?! She was admitted to the hospital in November and treatment didn't start until February? Makes no sense to me.
Let me just say that the hospital she is in is extremely closed, meaning it is very difficult to get any information. Legally, we have no rights to gain information on Victoria. Afterall, she is not our daughter, yet. I understand that. But they do not even want to give any info to the orphanage where she has lived her whole life. All our agency and their staff can do is appeal to their compassion, but they don't have to tell us anything.
So, our adoption coordinator wants to know what we want to do, continue to wait or perhaps accept another referral, meaning child. We are still praying through this right now, but both of us are pretty sure we can't give up on Victoria. Not until the door is firmly closed.
The waiting is just about the most difficult thing I've ever lived through. I hate it. But I know there's a reason for it. Yes, it is just possible that I have a few things to learn. Like patience, waiting on God, not taking matters into my own hands, attending fully to the needs of the children we already have, and the list goes on......
But we do need your prayers. For more openness and a sense of urgency on the hospital's part, for discernment and clear direction for us, for Victoria's comfort, happiness, and health, for the wait to be productive and go by quickly, and lastly - a negative TB test. Thank you so much.