1. Freak out!! check!
3. Apply for visa
4. Set up appointment with interntional adoption physician upon our return
5. Pack for V. - this is a problem. What size?! I don't know! I'm going with 2,3,4 and hoping that something will fit and that I still have enough room for our clothes.
6. Make sure I have appropriate gifts for everyone. I bought these last January when I thought we would be going back soon. So, how long does unopened coffee and cosmetics stay good? I'm hoping a couple of years. Otherwise, it's money down the drain.
7. Get our house ready. This is a big one. Someone else's dust bunnies and soap scum are always grosser than your own. Yeah, it's just my sister, but still. got to keep up appearances, you know.
8. Book flights!! 2 seats going over, 3 coming back!!
9. Pick up x-ray film from lab.
10. Buy umbrella stroller to take.
11. Stock pantry.
12. Help Gabe prepare his speech for court.
13. Fly to Oklahoma, attend a wedding, fly back.
14. Prepare our hearts. A new daughter, wow!!
15. Threaten our kids with eternal loss of Wii privileges if they misbehave in our absence.
16. Visit the bank to get as many crisp, clean $100 bills as I can get my hands on. If you have any of these just gathering dust at your house, I would be happy to take them off your hands.
17. Collect care package for the orphanage.
18. One more visit to ye olde notary and secretary of state.
19. Trust God.
20. Decide: to Benadryl or not to Benadryl? That is the question.
21. Learn Russian. Ha! Right! At least some useful phrases: "We are your mama and papa." "We love you." "Hungry?" "Time for sleep!"
22. Write some more (BIG) checks.
23. Try to find something dignified looking to wear to court.
24. Be still and know that I am God.
That should about do it. Yeah, right. At least it's a start. Hang on little girl! We're coming!